Gee, Thanks.

I am thankful that if I wasn't there to remind my children that garbage cans and laundry hampers have a purpose, my house would be littered with granola bar wrappers and dirty socks.
I am thankful that if I didn't buy broccoli and non-fat yogurt my husband would "survive" on a diet of bacon and cookies.
I am thankful that if I wasn't such a light sleeper the dog would have ruined the carpet months ago.
I am thankful that if I didn't rescue my children from their father he would have literally tickled them to death.
I am thankful that if I didn't pick out the boys' clothes before leaving for work my husband would take them to the store in their pajamas.
I am thankful that if I didn't buy the children dress shoes they would go to church in dirty sneakers.
I am thankful that my husband can't change the bedsheets to save his life.

I am thankful for each one of these things and so much more because... if I know only one thing about my life this side of heaven, I know I am needed.

Comments

Girl Invisible said…
This was sweet. Loved it!
farmer said…
Yes! Very good! It IS nice to know we are needed, most of the time. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Minding My "q's and p's"

Bombshell

Small, Simple, Crazy Things