Swabbing the Deck

My friend posted a status the other day stating that she had mopped her kitchen floor before breakfast followed by a statement I have used several times--Sometimes I just wake up stupid. Yes, don't we all.

"Stupid" is a swear word in this family. When I hear my children running up the stairs shouting "I'm telling mom you said the S word," I know they mean the six letter one. I still firmly stand by my convictions that this is a foul word when it slips through a child's lips. The problem is, I use it. A lot. Never in reference to people mind you....ok, rarely. Well, when I'm driving it simply doesn't count. Those people really are stupid!

I have been caught with my potty mouth on several occasions. Don't you hate it when your kids say something awful and you realize they learned it from you? Being that I'm a homeschooling mom I can't even blame unruly classmates. Well, I can, but it just means they got it from me first.

Pardon me, the kids spilled some juice and now I have a stupid floor to mop and I might as well wash my own mouth out with soap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Minding My "q's and p's"

Bombshell

Fictions and Facts